Monday, April 19, 2010

"Maximum Risk" (1996)

"Maximum Risk" (1996)
Starring Jean-Claude Van Damme, Natasha Henstridge
Written by Larry Ferguson
Directed by Ringo Lam

It's not often that I fall asleep during a movie.  It's not often that I fall asleep during a movie twice.  It's not often that I fall asleep during a movie so many times after only a few minutes that I decide to give up on watching it.

Such is the case with "Maximum Risk," however.  I won't lie, I've got no fucking clue what happens in this movie.  At the onset, I'm capable of piecing together that Jean-Claude Van Damme plays Mikhail, a notorious gangster who dies when he's hit by a car while fleeing from the authorities.  Van Damme also plays Alain, Mikhail's twin brother - a police officer.  Alain decides to go to America for some reason to assume his brother's identity.

I imagine what follows is a series of adventures and fight sequences.  I was awake for a scene where Alain meets Mikhail's girlfriend, Alex (Natasha Henstridge) and he doesn't even bother to tell her he's not who she thinks he is when she starts throwing herself at him.  What this all has to do with any kind of plot, I'm not sure because, as I've said, I can't stay awake for this movie.

So there's that.  I give up.  On a Van Damme movie.  It sounds blasphemous, but, there it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment